mardi 12 octobre 2010

First wanderings in Hoi An...

I am not quite sure to remember what we first did once we had settled done in our hotel room... did we have a nap, or did we change and went outside explore the city? but I remember tasting my first Vietnamese sandwich (and not liking it much), walking in a busy street amongst lots of motorcycles and bicycles.

 Young Vietnamese girl preparing my baguette sandwich (local version)
filled with pate, pork meat, some greens, etc... not my favorite...


Then ending up in a cosy little restaurant because it started to rain. 
And with two kids and no umbrella, you can't go very far, you must find the nearest kids friendly place to sit done, and wait... and eventually eat!


 Our second encounter with Vietnamese cuisine 
in the stylish yet simple Moon restaurant for dinner.

that is what I mean by stylish but simple... 
I so much love the colors they are using here for painting their walls... 
reminds me a bit of Mauritania...


As in Thailand, people here love kids, and the staff were more than happy to look after Mathias while we were eating our delicious dinner. I think Dom had a seafood curry while I tasted the fired tofu in tomato sauce. Chloe was quite tired and was satisfied with a bowl of steamed rice and some of her dad's watermelon shake...




Classical Vietnamese cuisine with a modern twist
321 Nguyen Duy Hiue, Hoi An, Vietnam
(+84 510) 2241 396
www.hoianmoonrestaurant.com

Aucun commentaire: